The project aims to use setting-specific Multidimensional Prognostic Indices (MPI) that predict mortality, based on a standard CGA, to improve the cost-effectiveness of health interventions in older individuals with multimorbidity and polypharmacy.
To do so, a review analysis on the use of predictive rules in clinical and management decision making in older residents in different European regions will be performed to identify reference models to allocate resources and lower costs in healthcare. Analyses of multi-national databases including information on drug prescriptions and older subjects characteristics will identify the best setting-specific MPI-profile in which individual interventions are more cost-effective in terms of improved survival.
The general objective is to reduce unnecessary use of health resources according to an appropriate and integrated multi-professional, planned interventions with frail and pre-frail older individuals with multimorbidity and polypharmacy.
- ULSS16 - Azienda Unità Locale Socio Sanitaria, Project Coordinator
- EUGMS - European Union Geriatric Medicine Society
- UKK - Universitätsklinikum Köln Geriatrics Department, University of Cologne Medical Faculty, Cologne, Germany
- KI - Karolinska Institute
- EMC - Erasmus Universitair Medisch Centrum Rotterdam
- SERMAS - Servicio Madrileno de Salud
- FIBioHRC - Fundacion Para la Investigacio Biomedica del Hospital Universitario Ramon Y Cajal
- CHU Poitiers - University Hospital Poitiers
- CUNI - Charles University Prague